Oracle eBS troubleshooting
On this webpage, I’ll make a FAQ on common eBS problems and troubleshooting. Probably the format will change over time. But I’ll just start. I use basic flow diagrams, to give an overview of the process. Under the diagrams is an explanation of all the steps.
Ø My concurrent manager does not start
1) Check if the Internal Manager is running. On Unix, you can run: ps –ef | grep ‘FNDLIBR FND CPMGR’. If this returns a process, check the start time for the process to make sure it is the correct process.
2) If a process is returned, and it started at the time you started the managers, the ICM is running.
3) The ICM is not running. First check the adcmctl.txt file. It is found in the process_log directory. (Check your autoconfig xml file or the adcmctl.sh script). It will show the logs for the start-up scripts of the ICM.
4) The ICM is running, but can’t start the other managers. Most common cause is the APPS Listener is down. Check for it running with: ps –ef | grep ‘tnslsnr APPS_<SID>’
5) If no process is returned, start the apps listener with adalnctl.sh. Wait a minute afterwards, for the ICM to retry starting the managers.
6) The ICM is running, or was started successfully before it died. Check the logfile from the ICM in $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG. By default the file is named <SID>_<proc>.mgr, where proc is the process_id from adcmctl.txt.
Ø Notifications are not being sent by the notification mailer